Like many of my dinners recently, this recipe is the result of what I had left in my fridge. But despite being thrown together, it was pretty yummy.
Mini Rotini with Zucchini Cream Sauce
3 small zucchinis
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup half n half
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
2 tbsp cream cheese
Salt & pepper
Red pepper flakes
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Make pasta per package directions.
2. Begin making the zucchini sauce while water for the pasta is boiling.
3. Grate zucchini using the large holes of a cheese grater. Scoop into a sauce pan and cook with olive oil until the zucchini’s water is released. Stir occasionally.
4. Using the small holes of your cheese grater, grate your garlic cloves and add to the zucchini. Continue cooking for another 1 minute.
5. Add the chicken broth, half n half, cream cheese and seasoning. Cook until the mixture begins to bubble.
6. Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender. Return to heat and boil for another few minutes.
7. Pour over pasta and enjoy.
Bonus: Add a tbsp of butter and a little more red pepper flakes.
What did you make for Meatless Monday?