Happy Meatless Monday! I spent some time preparing a meal plan this weekend, so I have a quite the handful of recipes to share with you. If tonight’s meal is any indication, it’s going to be a delicious week.
This recipe was inspired by Lauren’s Latest.
Roasted Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Alfredo
2 red peppers
1 zucchini (optional)
1/4 large yellow onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup half n half
4 oz seasoned goat cheese
2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper
1. Cut peppers in half, rinse and remove stems/seeds. Brush with olive oil and broil at 525 degrees F.
2. While the peppers roast, saute finely chopped onions and garlic in a sauce pan until translucent. Cut the ends off the zucchini and shred using the fine side of a cheese grater. Add zucchini to the onions and garlic and continue to cook on low heat for about 3 more minutes.
3. Pour in the half n half, goat cheese, and shredded Parmesan cheese. Mix and continue to cook at medium low heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Once the red peppers are charred, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Gently peel off the skin and chop into strips. Add to sauce pan and blend using an immersion blender.
5. Add salt and pepper. Serve over a bed of your favorite pasta ( I chose Mezze Penne).
So good! Especially along with some Prison Break on Hulu!
Got a Meatless Monday idea? I’d love to read about it.