I have been finding a lot of really great Chinese restaurant style dishes on Pinterest lately. Which is super exciting since I’ve never been thrilled with the Chinese places around my neighborhood.
But…I’m going to have to reign in my excitement a little because boy, do these sauces pack in the sugar! So I think I’ll have to try these out slowly, like maybe only one or two recipes per month.
Now on to the deliciousness…
Fire Cracker Chicken (adapted from The Recipe Critic)
3 Thin-cut Chicken Breasts
1 cup corn starch
Salt and pepper
Red, yellow, and orange mini peppers
1/3 cup buffalo sauce
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp water
2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Red pepper flakes
1. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
2. Fill 2 separate bowls: one with corn starch, one with the eggs, slightly beaten. Coat chicken with corn starch, then egg mixture.
3. Put a small amount of canola oil on a pan and lightly brown chicken.
4. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F and mix sauce ingredients in a bowl.
5. Put chicken in a baking dish and pour sauce over.
6. Cook chicken for 1 hour, mixing every 15 minutes. Add chopped peppers half way through.